Exploring weight loss surgery options and losing 110 pounds (or so)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another "first"

This week was my first trip to the psychologist! It really wasn't as bad as I envisioned. For this visit, it was basically taking an inventory if I exhibited signs of depression, mania, OCD, anxiety, paranoia, phobias, substance abuse, etc. She told me nothing that I didn't already know...I worry too much and have an all or nothing mentality. I think I actually USED those exact phrases myself in our visit! LOL!

She suggested 2 programs for our visits. The first one is called the LEARN program. A recommended curriculum by some major hospitals in our area. I am going to call and see if MY surgeon requires this specific program. It combines nutrition and psychological topics.

The other program she recommended was called The Beck Diet. I instantly fell in love with this approach to using a psychological approach to weight loss. Let's face it, I KNOW about nutrition...it's my head that needs to be able to apply my knowledge. I look forward to figuring all that "stuff" out!

Oh...I have had an awesome eating and exercising week. Since my first visit,a month ago, I think I have lost 5.5 pounds! YAY ME! I especially find that AMAZING in light of the floods that struck my town causing a stressful, expensive and emotionally draining time!

No comments:

Post a Comment